The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for the "centerpiece" of the tank. Hoping to find some apistos. I'm new to them and open to all info about different species. I'm also looking for opinions on number and sex ratio. I have a 38gal with lots of wood and plants, 3 pictus cats, 3 serpae tetras and some otocinclus and large amano shrimp. Let me know if you've got or know of any available.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm fairly new to them myself. There are no local sources that I know of.

Some info around but not a lot. They do well in NYC soft water. Do a lot of research before buying. Some do well in community tanks some do not. I have a pair of Barlowi's that are super aggressive. I had no idea when I bought them. Had to take out all other fish, except for a small ALFBN pleco and 4 CPD's as dither fish.

I also have Opal Borelli's in another tank. They're much more mellow and can live in a group.

This forum is pretty good of info http://forum.apistogramma.com

All my apisto's have been purchased online. I can vouch for Anubias Design run by Mark Denaro, 90% of my live stock are from him; Amazon Tropicals by Chris Moscarell, my Opal Borelli and The Amazon Basement by Bev N.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello
Apisto live bottom of the tank and in general keeps it in harems 1 male 2 females.
For starters I suggest Apistogramma cacatuoides.
With the problem can be pictus cats, live the same parties what apisto, additionally grow to 10′, and best it to hold in 75 G tank.
If you will decide on apisto this I will have on the disposal several harems cacatuoides only for the some time because for the moment I cannot yet identify the sex.

·
Registered
40 Posts
+ 1 on Waterfaller1's suggeston. I have gotten most of my fish from Bev at the Amazon basement. Great peple, nice stock!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts