The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this fish were in my tank at 8am eating as normal. I came home at 5pm and they simply wiped out. Dissapeared. I checked the tank 360° but nothing, cause it is just too much disturbing for other fish i dont wanna move rocks and check caves. Are they protecting, possibly, their eggs?

Thats a picture of my tank

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
There is a lot of places for the fish to hide. They're hiding.
The male is the only one showing up sometimes and dissappears again. I dont see the female nowhere.

I found the nest, mother is super protective and male dont care, just walking around. The female keeps guarding one specific cave where i think there might be a nest with eggs already. Inside that one cave, the bottom is sand substrate. Anso i can tell thats a nest cause they have cory fish as mates and the female beat the [censored][censored][censored][censored] outta them when they come closer to the entrance.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I found the nest, mother is super protective and male dont care, just walking around. The female keeps guarding one specific cave where i think there might be a nest with eggs already. Inside that one cave, the bottom is sand substrate. Anso i can tell thats a nest cause they have cory fish as mates and the female beat the [censored][censored][censored][censored] outta them when they come closer to the entrance.

Makes sense. Although, I would bet that the male takes over and guards as well. You will see that in time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense. Although, I would bet that the male takes over and guards as well. You will see that in time.
Also, i got them saturday, in less than a week they spawned (if). I took this specific pair cause they were walking around together for a long time, and cause they were "baby" (baby that spawns lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts