The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to identify the gender of my cacatuoides?
thank you

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I thought male to but ive been told female by someone already on facebook, saying it lacked color to be a male.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah got 3 of these yesterday from someone on facebook. No clue they just called them apistogramma cacatuoides yellow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is the smallest of the 3. My luck its probably a male also. The male you just identified is all puffed up and his eyes are jet black staring out the tank. He was tail slapping the other one earlier..

Then lasty the 3rd one i finally managed to get a picture of. Makes me say male also. This is the one the 1st pic i showed you was tail slapping

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Then lasty the 3rd one i finally managed to get a picture of. Makes me say male also. This is the one the 1st pic i showed you was tail slapping

The second pic looks like a female. The best way to tell for me is there tale shape and mouths. The males have a huge mouth and there tails typically are not rounded.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. The male really does have a big mouth compared to the 2nd one. Well heres to hoping it is a female. I searched alot of places to find these and had no luck. Then finally found these 3 on facebook that some lady didnt want anymore. I just had never seen them plain yellow like that.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at them. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts