·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, the female ate the first batch, I was a bit disappointed, but now the second batch is doing much better, they are about 3 days old. They are still developing. I'm pretty excited :)

3 days old

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Thats awesome!! :) I call dibs haha

I would be impressed if they got it right the second time, fish seem to take a few trys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats awesome!! :) I call dibs haha

I would be impressed if they got it right the second time, fish seem to take a few trys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
yeah i know, we'll see... so far so good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that tank for both of them + fry? Is it large enough?

I'm no Apisto expert, but I think it's neat you get to watch them mate!
It's a 10g tank. Good enough for breeding. Got some wood and leafs in there as you can see, so they feel more comfortable, it also brings down the pH. I will leave the fry in there for a month or so, then move them to their separate tank.

It's awesome to watch them do everything, nature is amazing :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
do you have wigglers? they wont move eggs. if they feel stressed fish will eat eggs and lay in a different spot next time they spawn. they will move fry though. best thing you can do is just check on them once or twice a day so they young dont get eaten

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you have wigglers? they wont move eggs. if they feel stressed fish will eat eggs and lay in a different spot next time they spawn. they will move fry though. best thing you can do is just check on them once or twice a day so they young dont get eaten
yeah wigglers. they hatched about 3 days ago. so far she is taking great care off them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts