The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a video posted on youtube for you to check my tank, i would like some advice.
Parameter just right for their environment and mates. They do chase cory sometimes but seems to be caring less with the time.
Will dragon atone be a problem? Maybe rescape with soft surface rocks, like river rocks?
Should i create more open areas?
Since they are small, I'm feeding them twice daily with a variety of good food.

Thank you as always.

Video link where you can check them:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing set-up! love the natural feel and I would say you checked all boxes with one possible issue. An ideal substrate would be a soft, sandy bottom. Apistogramma species are geophagines, which means they are benthemic substrate eaters. They take up particles of sand in mouth and sift substrate for food. Excess sand gets sifted out of both mouth and gills.

If it was me, I would add a sandy section in front and feed sinking cichlid pellets directly in this area.
So, my mistake was to add the ultum nature soil in front but they do have sandy substrate behind the rocks. Thanka for that

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.