The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

First post on here, even though I've been a guest many times :). I've been trying to get a pair of triple red Apisto Cacatuoides ever since my LFS got a bunch in (well, ok, I'd been waiting a while before then). So far, I've bought two males during their first shipment (as all of the definitive females were bought) where the dominant stressed the sneaker male to death, and then when I bought a female later that week (when they miraculously got another shipment of them) she ended up putting my dominant male into some caves and starved him to death (I never saw any nipping at all, just rearing at the beginning).

So now I'm $40 down, going to go back tomorrow or so, and wondering if I truly have a female before I go buy another male. It's got most/all of the characteristics of a female: little to no color on the tail fin, any color is the tips of the fins, first spines on dorsal fin same size as than the others, round tail fin and anal fin, and most importantly a nice black streak on the ventral fins and the beginnings of a black streak on the first few spines of the dorsal fin. However, she just doesn't quite have the body color of the females I see online for some reason (too young?). Anyway, here's some nice pictures of her:

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Cheers,
Unislash

Attachments

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
That or if the tank is big enough by a couple of males and a few females and let them choose their pairs then remove the rest. Best wat to do it IMO.

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.