The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I bought two Apistos on a bit of an impulse a few days ago from a LFS.

I was told at the time that I was buying a male and female pair and just wanted to make sure that I do, in fact, have a female and not two males. They've been in the tank for a few days now and seem to be pretty peaceful overall, but I just would like to be sure.... My tank is a bit on the small side and I'd be worried they would duel it out.

Attached is a picture of the 'female'... can anyone help me to verify it is?

Attachments

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
100% sexy female. Last picture shows that you have a pair. Feed live food which will encourage them to spawn.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Have some Amano shrimp and CPOs in the tank... they seem to ignore each other for the most part. I had CRS in the tank but they now have their own home :)

Hopefully they'll be spawning soon!!
Ah awesome, I want to get an agassizii for my smaller tank, which is housing two cardinal tetras and cherry shrimp (adult and baby), I don't really care if the the agassizii eat the shrimp (since I have more in the 17G), but just wondering if the fish has a tooth for shrimp meat. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.