The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
It looks sort off cool but you are tied to their filter basket refills. The quick change feature is neat and I believe eheim has something similar but much more $$$. I think for now I will wait until they have similar technology where you can use your own media.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
This is an old thread, but Big Al's email just came and it features this filter. I looked at the website, http://www.aquariumpharm.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=601 watched the video, and finally figured it out. This is a powerhead that attaches to the glass inside the tank, where it pumps water down to the filter housing under the tank, then back to a outlet in the tank. It's a long flow path, but very little pressure is needed to just lift the water over the rim of the tank. The primary advantage seems to be eliminating any priming. One could use filter floss in the housing or their proprietary carbon infused filter sleeves. The price looks pretty low at $70. I keep thinking that this is a good model for a simple DIY filter, using a regular powerhead, with two shutoff valves to allow easy filter cleaning. It is unique anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.