The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Does it matter what time of day I add my CO2 boost? I have been waiting until my lights have turned on for the day. Is this necessary? Is there a better time to dose?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I think the best time is AM, but not so closely linked to lights on or not. Just that the higher dose is available to the plants through the day, and by nightfall (lights out) most of it is gone, whether the plants used it or it broke down.
If you dose toward the end of the day you lose more of it to breaking down overnight, and the plants do not get the higher levels through the day.

Either way, a consistent dosing schedule is better than random, so if you are better at dosing in the evening or mid day, and tend to be irregular in the AM, then the mid day or evening would be better.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Diana! I can make it part of my AM routine. Does it matter that I have my light come on around 1 in the afternoon? I could dose at 12 and have a smaller gap between when liquid CO2 is and photo- period begins. which is better/ more effective?

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
You can do either; however, as Diana mentioned, the closer it is to when the lights turn on, the higher the amount that will be available to the plants (if you add it in at (say) 9 am, then the chemical is sitting around for a few hours until your lights turn on and the plants begin to use it).

Of course, you could also change your lighting schedule, if it makes things more convenient.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help Darkblade48. I will set up my dosing sched. close to photo-period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.