The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few danio's that had an ulcer or boil from the inside out- tried a few things including salt, iodine, paraguard, etc, Things improved somewhat- but in the end I had a bottle of BetaFix I had on the shelf for some time.......fixed them right up. So wondering if there is a similar product in a larger size and cheaper- MelaFix? Doesn't mention the same ingredients tho.

API® BETTAFIX fish remedy is an all-natural, antibacterial fish remedy for Bettas that should be used whenever your Betta exhibits signs of disease, such as wounds, ulcers, mouth fungus, fin & tail rot, slimy patches, and cottony growths. BETTAFIX fish remedy aids in healing damaged tissue as a result of handling, netting, and fighting using the healing power of Melaleuca – a variety of Tea Tree oil – which promotes rapid re-growth of damaged fins and skin.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
I didn't know melafix was the same as betta fix lol. I have melafix and bettafix paid about the same price for both. Melafix seems to work pretty well used it when I had a mouth rot outbreak.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know melafix was the same as betta fix lol. I have melafix and bettafix paid about the same price for both. Melafix seems to work pretty well used it when I had a mouth rot outbreak.
Me neither- and the price is a concern hence the question. There is also a pond version PimaFix- how does it compare.

I rarely use API or seachem medications. I have dedicated qt tanks and use farm grade medicines as they are easier for me to get. Is there a specific one you're thinking of?
I use a hospital tank- but alsways looking for performance vs price. These danios I've had 6 months and two had this issue- not sure whether latent condition or tank problem, but only the two show it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.