The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good resources (or point me to the right place on this site please?) for buying quality plants online? My area of Jersey hasn't quite caught on to the aquascaping bug yet, and I'm NOT buying my plants at Petsmart.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The for sale subforum of this website. You can't access it from the Tapatalk app. You'll have to use a computer or the nonmobile browser on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This forum.
The For Sale section, the WTB section is good if you need something specific.

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,370 Posts
Anyone have any good resources (or point me to the right place on this site please?) for buying quality plants online? My area of Jersey hasn't quite caught on to the aquascaping bug yet, and I'm NOT buying my plants at Petsmart.
Hmm, why not petsmart? Does your petsmart have the tissue culture plants? See this post: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/3...w-sells-s-repens-p-helferi-5.html#post3789257. Those aren't too bad actually if you need a decent amount and you're willing to wait for them to grow. I don't think they're as cheap as the pictures show as that post is older, but I think they hover close to 10 dollars a pack now.

Other than that, yes, as prior members have answered, this very forum in the 'for sale' section. Our very own members are one of the best sources!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The for sale subforum of this website. You can't access it from the Tapatalk app. You'll have to use a computer or the nonmobile browser on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This forum.
The For Sale section, the WTB section is good if you need something specific.
I heard the For Sale section is good, but I'm navigating the site (on my web browser, not through the app) and I'm lost. I don't see it anywhere. Can you point me to it?

I'd kill to be able to afford the Green Machine, but the shipping costs... I just can't see affording that unless I'm doing a big tank build. Right now, I'm just a small nano tank. Eventually, for my 36G, I'll definitely consider it.

I try not to endorse big store petstores. I know the culture plants are okay, but I find the packaging irresponsible (no info on care, lighting requirements, CO2, etc, meaning they just want your money and don't have much care for the success of their customers), and their practices towards animals is heinous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts