The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

been playing on and off over the years with a 46g bowfront tank and not really had any success in getting good plant growth so decided to give it another go before swapping over to a traditional chiclid tank:icon_mad:

so i have set up a small disc diffuser at the bottom of the tank but the majority of bubbles get to the surface before they have disolved or reduced significantly in size so i have positioned the diffuser below the filter intake ( eheim 2026), now I am often getting and hearing bubbles in the system but i dont think this is norm as shouldnt the CO2 disolve when in the filter???? - i am running about 3-4 bubbles per second ( but that is relative to the size of the counter of course)

i don get any bubbles out of the spray bar but i hear a large amount of air/gas every 30 - 40 mins in the filter.

I did have a reactor but it was crap hence the swap to a diffuser.

thanks in advance for any replies!

rob

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Eheim did the same thing,and my CO2 level dropped so I went back to my Hagen
elite to diffuse the CO2 it does a good job but I may try an inline reactor just to get equipment out of my small.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Do your Classics burp co2? I've tried it with my Rena and it burped to much.
Oh sure but not very often and never very loudly. I get a good spraying of bubbles from time to time but nothing I would call a burp.

I only use ceramic noodles and Bio Balls as media... nothing else. A 2217 filled with about 2/3 noodles and 1/3 BB makes for a very good reactor.

A big plus on the Classics is that the input goes through the bottom of the canister and out of the top this results in less CO2 pooling (due to bypass)at the top of the filter. I have found that I can get by with 2BBS on my 90Gal. So it is pretty efficient. And that is with a NANO diffusor BTW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts