The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have to conserve monies to get my CO2 going was wondering if anyone ever used this needle valve? search Amazon for "Needle Valve - Fine adjustment of CO2 for Solenoid Fish Tank" it will come up with a valve for $12.95 sorry for the hassle but I think there is issues with posting links. Any opinions? Or if anyone knows of anyone in the Chicago-land area that can sell me a needle valve in this price range that would be better then the Home Depot option that would help too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ustment+of+CO2+for+Solenoid+Fish+Tank&x=0&y=0

Thank you,
Rafal

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those work. They are not that great though. You'd be better off ordering a fabco from one of the powersellers here on the forum. Probably only $15 more.
That would probably hold off my purchase for a month or more considering the other items i still need.. sigh... decisions decisions... Thank you for your response!

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Search "****** Swagelok 1/8" Brass Needle Valve B-OVM2-BKB New"

I've used them with paintball, standard regs, etc.
It is an O series needle valve, but precisely, it is an O series bi-directional flow, the part number is *-OVM*, the "V" indicate it is an V cut needle bi-directional flow valve.
It is not that precise.
The right one from O series is directional flow, part number *-ORM*.

And as kemo911 states, it is whole lot of trouble and extra expenses if the connection port type is not the right type or size.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
I feel like I have been saying this to newer member a lot lately but it is very true in this hobby. Always buy quality equipment first the cost of buying cheaper products will end up costing you much more down the road. If it takes you and extra month to get a proper valve then it is a month well worth the wait.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel like I have been saying this to newer member a lot lately but it is very true in this hobby. Always buy quality equipment first the cost of buying cheaper products will end up costing you much more down the road. If it takes you and extra month to get a proper valve then it is a month well worth the wait.
I'll lose money on the plants anyways.. sigh... I guess i wait.... tough thing the co2 business no wonder Low-tech is popular. Thank you for the help I think I'll just wait... I appreciate everyone's input and help, i really do but ADHD is such a bummer if you have to WAIT, it literally is torture :)

Thank you AGAIN!

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
What's a good replacement for a Milwaukee CO2 regulator needle valve? Do needle valves come in standard size? Should one use a teflon tape when replacing a needle valve?

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
What's a good replacement for a Milwaukee CO2 regulator needle valve? Do needle valves come in standard size? Should one use a teflon tape when replacing a needle valve?
Milwaukee needle valve work, and work well, but there are more industrial grade metering valves that provide the much lower flow control, and some people go for them because they want something better and higher standard.

There are 4 major group of connections, pipe(NPT, national pipe thread), pipe(BSPT, asia and european, British Standard Pipe Thread)
2. Compression tube, single or double ferrules, swagelok was the the pattern holder but the pattern right has long expired.
3. Air hose, usually are hose barb type and SMC one push connectors type.
4. VCR, best? But don't touch it because this type of connection parts and fittings are not that we can afford.

And there are more different types, but less than likely we can see them in our application.

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
It is an O series needle valve, but precisely, it is an O series bi-directional flow, the part number is *-OVM*, the "V" indicate it is an V cut needle bi-directional flow valve.
It is not that precise.
The right one from O series is directional flow, part number *-ORM*.

And as kemo911 states, it is whole lot of trouble and extra expenses if the connection port type is not the right type or size.
It's a lot more precise than the $10-$15 valves most folks are using for paintball rigs and a lot safer, for sure.

I've purchased all the fittings necessary for $3-$4 at both local hardware stores and the big box stores.

My point was that you can - as everyone is saying above - get something of higher quality in the same price range. And it's often hard to beat $10.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
I'm not familiar with te Milwaukee NV so what kind of connection does it have to the regulator, is it directly connected to it or do you have tubing connecting the two?

I have a Swagelok NV on one tank and an Ideal 52 series NV on the other. Here are pics of them respectively.

Swagelok

Ideal

I think the Ideal is a better valve and the fact that it was a special order chrome plated model doesn't hurt the bling factor either but it was about $100. I think I paid ~$30 for the Swagelok from a member here on this site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.