The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a user but I can offer 2c.

Kind of expensive for what your getting, I'd just get a RAY II if I'm spending that kind of money. It doesn't tell you the output, but it should be around 1000 lumens, which you can get for $12 on ebay (just not in a sleek clamp on format).
you have a link for that?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S
Not allowed to post ebay links.. here is a picture of what I'm talking about, you can see one on my 20L too:

SWEEET, those are only 12 bucks!
I didn't know you can't post ebay link, sorry.

So what's the spec's on these?

thanks a bunch,

big o

·
Registered
506 Posts
The cheapest ones are around 12 bucks (10W no plug). The DL is that they come in wattages increments of 10. There are warm white, white and cool white spectrums, Color chaniging (RGB) via remote, and pure actinic that I have seen, most of them are sold with a cord that has no plug (DIY the plug, there is a thread on here for how to do it-somewheres)-some do have a US grounded plug though, but they cost a bit more. There are various reflector styles out there, some with 2 clusters of LED's, Most with SMD led, some with CREE(more $$). every 10 watts yields about 800-900 lumens.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cheapest ones are around 12 bucks (10W no plug). The DL is that they come in wattages increments of 10. There are warm white, white and cool white spectrums, Color chaniging (RGB) via remote, and pure actinic that I have seen, most of them are sold with a cord that has no plug (DIY the plug, there is a thread on here for how to do it-somewheres)-some do have a US grounded plug though, but they cost a bit more. There are various reflector styles out there, some with 2 clusters of LED's, Most with SMD led, some with CREE(more $$). every 10 watts yields about 800-900 lumens.
cool, thanks a bunch,

big o

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wave-Point LED

So, I went ahead and bought them. Very nice light. My first LED. Using it on my 12 gallon planted rimless.
This light is very bright. I love the shimmering affect. And it brings out the colors of my fish and plants. One week now and no complaints. One thing tho, I wish Wave-point would have gave the lights parameters.

Cheers,
big o

1 - 14 of 14 Posts