The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new the the forums but old to fish keeping. I used to have keep a reef tank and after a move and kids, didn't have the time to keep it any longer. A few years ago, I put my tank back up as a low tech planted tank and now have the itch to go high tech. I still have all of my saltwater equipment, including a few media reactors. I run carbon in my canister filter, but, is there any downside to running a few media reactors separately as an additional water filtration source?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi, new the the forums but old to fish keeping. I used to have keep a reef tank and after a move and kids, didn't have the time to keep it any longer. A few years ago, I put my tank back up as a low tech planted tank and now have the itch to go high tech. I still have all of my saltwater equipment, including a few media reactors. I run carbon in my canister filter, but, is there any downside to running a few media reactors separately as an additional water filtration source?

I’d say most likely there is a downside.

You’ll want nutrients to maintain a presence in the water column, and I’d imagine a carbon media reactor would take at least some of that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.