The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
They usually have them at Premier Fish and Reef on Wadsworth. They run $15 a piece there though.
Wow that's expensive! Out in Iowa City, IA I was able to pick them up for $4.99 each today. Another store in Cedar Rapids carries them for $7.99 each.

No way I'd pay $15 for them, but seeing as I do not live in CO I can't recommend somewhere local to go. I will however wish you all the best trying to find a sane individual selling them for a reasonable price!

·
Registered
220 Posts
They sell for around $5-7 out here in Phoenix, AZ as well. $15 is high, but for a rare and endangered fish I could see them commanding a premium...

I hear they are being successfully tank raised now. Cover story of the latest TFH Magazine... I have had a dozen of these fish for a few months and IMO they are overrated... Cool little fish, but not really worth all the fuss.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow that's expensive! Out in Iowa City, IA I was able to pick them up for $4.99 each today. Another store in Cedar Rapids carries them for $7.99 each.

No way I'd pay $15 for them, but seeing as I do not live in CO I can't recommend somewhere local to go. I will however wish you all the best trying to find a sane individual selling them for a reasonable price!
That is the problem here in CO ( at least in the Denver area ) there isn't a good retail source for anything. If you want to get something for what its worth or in the shape you want it you have to go online or to another hobbiest.

It's another reason I am focused on plants instead of fish now as well! When I lived in PA everything was cheap, my LFS was That Fish Place but still would drive to Baltimore to get some better quality fish. Here the hobby is more focused on Reef setups and it seems the people here that are doing them don't seem to have to budget too much and hence the reason the prices are so high as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
man I would love to find some for $4.99 each!!! You wouldn't be interested in shipping me some would you??:icon_smil
I can tel you that our LFS is now currently out of stock as we went and bought the last 3 today. We're going to make an attempt to breed ours, however, we currently have a very poor male to female ration (2 females to 7 males). If by some miracle we end up with a ton of fry we can look into possibly shipping some out.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I might get some corydorus hasborus as well from him.
dodge, next week Frank is getting in Corydoras hastatus, Corydoras pygmaeus, and Aspidoras pauciradiatus, so you might want to Email him your wish list and wait a week or so for a much better deal. I myself have a order pending on a few dozen nano fish, and this will be my third purchase from him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.