The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Atomizers require a PSI of about 30-35 so I don't think it would work with an airpump. And I'm not sure why you would use an airpump for an atomizer... An atomizer is used for CO2
This is an airstone. Not an atomizer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I dont know how well this may adapt to a high pressure low gas volume situation for diffusing. From what i can see on the site its relying on a high volume of gas at lowish pressure to get the cloud effect of gas bubbles.
though it may be usefull for using in a sump to diffuse C02.

·
Registered
496 Posts
there are lots of these available just search oxygen diffuser on the net
they are ceramic just like glass diffusers can be used for oxygen and co2
how ever they need a pressurized tank or one kick ass air pump and the size of them make it impractical for co2

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is an automizer... I see it that an automizer is basically an airstone that is made for CO2 and had smaller holes for diffusion purposes... So you could pretty much use this "airstone" for co2 right? Don't really see any reason why not.

I'm saying that this is using a low pressure pump like 1-5 psi.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh my bad, so why is it that a low pressure can put out bubbles so small?
Actually nvm the pressure is a tad higher...My mistake

it says .7kg/cm^2 (youtube video) which translates to like 8-9 psi according to my gauge.No idea. I think this is supposed to be a fused alum diffuser or something. But the thing is 10 psi is really easy to attain with even diy co2.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh my bad, so why is it that a low pressure can put out bubbles so small?
I guess its because the air pump is supplying around 100-200Ltr air an hour and with a continous flow of air through the micro pore structure it breaks up the bubbles into a micro fine mist.
but i am just guessing at that though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
im not saying it wont work , im saying you only need a small diffuser area to diffuse bps, these are meant for diffusing lpm
they are cool though, practical for diffusing oxygen in a massive tank or sump at night i would think

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ok let’s try this another way
This type of diffuser if you were to run it on Co2 you would need to run the tank wide open(no needle valve) for only a couple of seconds to reach 30PPM and then as that dissipated the tank would need to squirt again (this will put your Co2 levels all over the place).
This type of diffuser is designed for aerating large volumes of water continuously.
As I said the air pump is pushing around 100+Ltr per hour at a fairly low pressure (I imagine the pressure stated is back pressure) and when putting Co2 in a tank we only push a fraction of that amount of gas at a slightly higher pressure (due to the fact it is stored as liquid) through the tank over 12-14HRS
I guess what i am trying to say is its about volume and not pressure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.