The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Netlea soil is a very good shrimp soil that can lower your pH to around 6, 6-2 range, lower your gH. I guess its really popular over in the Asian shrimp countries and you can't get it in the states which makes Niki mad as she would love to get the stuff. lol. I'm in Canada and there is a little store about an hour and half from me that sells it along with lots of beautiful plants, ADA style tanks, lilypipes and its pretty much a dedicated planted tank store.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its says that this substrate was used for a special tournament of aquascaping and the 3 big words:硬水板 means hard water version.
Thank you, I know there are 3 different versions and wanted to know if it was the hard water version or not for my tap water. There site will somewhat translate with google translate but not fully, too much flash on it, so it was hard to make out what one it was. In addition, the place I got it from, we had a bit of a language barrier with me asking questions about it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey post a picture of the full bag please...next time I drive up to Vancouver I want to pick up a bag....
Ok. They were out of the Crystal Shrimp Version, and from a somewhat broken conversation, I got the gist that this was the plant version, which is the same thing, just has more nutrients for plants and is a dark brown instead of black, with the black showing the shrimps white better than the brown. The box shows a pH symbol with an arrow going down and a gH symbol with an arrow going down, so I figure it lowers the pH/gH by those symbols and from their site, it seems all of them lower the pH. I going to test a bit in a cup with some tap water and RO water to see how it affects the pH, gH. I have a tank setup with it already but I bought the tank fully planted, with the soil, so I'm not sure what version it is.

Heres a pic for you.

Thats the exact bag I got.

There site is www.netlea.com and has an english button that doesn't work. lol.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
I'll see what I can find in and around Vancouver...anyone in Vancouver know which LFS would carry this?

@jrwestcoast....I've shipped some leftover AS before...lemme tell ya it was not cheap...the shipping cost almost as much as the soil..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll see what I can find in and around Vancouver...anyone in Vancouver know which LFS would carry this?

@jrwestcoast....I've shipped some leftover AS before...lemme tell ya it was not cheap...the shipping cost almost as much as the soil..
I know shipping would probably be very high. But I been trying to get some for over a year waiting to see if it would be available in the States, but no luck.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You dang Canadians and your fancy shrimp substrates!

I'd trade a kidney for about 150lbs of this stuff.

Every time I use the ADA or Fluval stuff I sigh with deep envy and wish I was in Canada.
It's not made by us. lol. Just somehow we are able to import it here for some reason. lol. There is only 1 store that I know that even carries it anywhere near me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.