The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few boxes of ram for HP/Compaq computers that i'm going to pretty much just liquidate (they give you penny's on the dollar but buy in bulk) If anyone needs ram before this stuff goes let me know as I have a ton of 128, a lot of 256, and a few 512 sticks going soon.

I'll be willing to trade plants (really need moss) 36" lights or full unit or small fish if your local.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is it notebook RAM that you have?

Would you want some E. tennelus or Dwarf Sag. I also have some small (<6") Crypt wendtii (Bronze, I think), and a small Echinodorus "Red Flame". I could also trim some Rotala indica and/or Moneywort (B. monneri).

I am in the LBC so meeting up shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would find out what type of ram it is before purchasing as ram is updated very frequently and changes. Most mother boards depening on its date will vary.

What speed and what type it is is Very important or you will not be able to use it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You will want to use the same type of ram that your computer is currently using. If you throw a slower speed ram in your computer, again depending on the age of the computer it will drop all your ram down to the slowest stick of ram inserted.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know EXACTLY what type of ram you need as retoid mentioned ram is somewhat specific and I have a lot of various sizes etc.

I just took a quick look at some of the 512's and I have

A FEW OF THESE

I also have some of THESE

but they are more because they have a lifetime warrenty.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
LGHT just post the Compaq part number stickers on the module case.
it's usually something like 6 digits a dash and 3 more digits. we can
then cross reference those on Kingston's web sight to figure out
exactly what socket, density, 1 or 2 sided, and speed they are.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
what type of ram is it? There are numberous types or ram out there as it seems they come out with new stuff every couple years.

·
Registered
623 Posts
speaking of RAM for sale, I just upgraded my brand new mac mini and have these for sale
2 x hynix 256mb pc2-5300 ddr2

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LGHT... let me know what kinds you have and prices. I have friends complaining about slow pc's due to lack of ram. They have varied types from really old school pc-133, to rdram, ddr1, ddr2, and notebook ddr2.
Man sorry guys I don't have time to type up part numbers. Like I said I have 5 boxes of ram with a whole bunch of sticks and a lot of them are different sizes and stuff. If your looking for old ram I have a ton of old 128. I'll try and put a few of the HP numbers up.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
do you have 2 sticks of 512kb, 2100ddr

·
Registered
444 Posts
My wife has been complaining about her computer being too slow lately. It's a HP Pavillion 503n with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM according to the case. Their website says this model has:
Standard = 128MB/2100DDR.
Maximum = 2GB
Speed = PC2100/PC1600
Type = DDR
DIMM Slots = Two

Have you got what I need to make some speed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts