The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife is less than thrilled with me right now. I have a chance to buy a 60G tank from a friend. I was told at first it is a 55 then today he told me it is a 60. I havent seen it yet but I have tentatively agreed to buy it. It comes with some filtration equipment but I dont know what it is. It also comes with a 48" shop light. The stand is a metal stand. The price is 50 bucks. I dont think I can pass it up. My thoughts are I can move my Altolamprologus calvus to the 60, and use the 55 I have the calvus in currently as a planted native species tank I have been wanting to start.

As for the wife, I have a plan there too :wink2:. but if not I may need a place to stay lol. Yes I have mts. SO many fish so little room for tanks. Sigh.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just go out and buy her some jewelry. Nothing gets there mind off you then a big diamond.

That's great price on the tank and stand. What the difference between a 60 and 55?

Hey I'm from central ILL. Also in to Africa cichlids too.

Got extra bedroom, Do you cook?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just go out and buy her some jewelry. Nothing gets there mind off you then a big diamond.

That's great price on the tank and stand. What the difference between a 60 and 55?

Hey I'm from central ILL. Also in to Africa cichlids too.

Got extra bedroom, Do you cook?
My wife may not appreciate the diamond as much lol. The 60 is wider than it is tall. The foot print is like 48"L X 16"W X 12"T. I'm actually thinking of thinning my cichlid count. I have a really nice,healthy, young super redtop hongi that I am wanting to sell if you are interested.

And yep I am a damn good cook. I make a pulled pork barbeque that is better than any you will buy commercially.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only have one place for a tank and its already occupied, now to get her to stop asking me why its so green all the time.
Here is how I would handle the green question. Just tell her as innocently as you can 'babe that is the age old question, much like why is the sky blue, why is the sun yellow, why is the grass green, because they are'. We are running out of room as well and I see her point so I am going to thin the herd a little.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
I'll take your wife as a rommie but not you.

Reactions: Mikeygmzmg

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NO! NO! What happens when you decide you want to throw the fish in the trash? Not to be happy wife when you throw her namesake out!
Either of you guys in the Pinckneyville or Du Quoin area?
LOL. I am a 100 miles due north of DuQuoin.

Bump:
I'll take your wife as a rommie but not you.
Works out real well if you dont mind doing the cooking and cleaning. I will let her know you are interested ;)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
A woman you have to buy stuff for is no good. They evaporate when the stuff stops coming.
I am so greatful for my wife. She never moans about anything, and has put up with my manic drive for more than 20 years.
She would look at me with suspicion if I had to pitch up with gifts. She does like it if you pick up nice rocks for her though.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A woman you have to buy stuff for is no good. They evaporate when the stuff stops coming.
I am so greatful for my wife. She never moans about anything, and has put up with my manic drive for more than 20 years.
She would look at me with suspicion if I had to pitch up with gifts. She does like it if you pick up nice rocks for her though.
I've been married 26 years and mine has put up with a ton. She is pretty accepting of my hobby and she likes the tansk. She thinks the living room is starting to look like a lfs lol. As soon as we get our down stairs done I will have around 350sq ft in my own room for my tanks plus I can then set up my 125g that is sitting empty. YAY!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.