The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I was corresponding with someone recently, might have been jdinh about getting a tank smaller than my 24" Cube and he stated that an 18" cube would be about perfect. I was talking with my girlfriend the other night about some things and she mentioned that she missed having our little 5gal Hex in the bedroom. Since we moved, the bedroom is a little bigger so there is space for about an 18" cube, but I cannot find a place that builds them or sells them... or even sells the frames in that size. I would love to build one myself but based on past research its cheaper to buy one.

So, anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I know I could build one for cheaper than that, but thank you for the info I'll go have a look at it either way.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What a stroke of luck, I went out into the garage area at the store here and what do I see? An Acrylic cube. Material looks to be a little thin but thats ok, I could reinforce it pretty easily I would hope. I should go measure it. :biggrin:

16" cube, only problem is there is a hole in the bottom of it. I could probably get some Solvent and some scraps and fix er up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts