The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woke up to one of my Cory cats floating at the surface. She's not dead, but I don't think she's going to make it. There are red lines on the belly of the fish and I have never encountered this before. Is this some kind of internal infection or parasite?

Bump: Sorry for the poor pictures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's hard to see for me. Maybe septicemia? A bacterial infection. Did she have any symptoms before? I think if it was a parasite it wouldn't have come on so quickly. Is she a bit bloated? Again it's so hard to see this stuff with fish, so just a guess.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to see for me. Maybe septicemia? A bacterial infection. Did she have any symptoms before? I think if it was a parasite it wouldn't have come on so quickly. Is she a bit bloated? Again it's so hard to see this stuff with fish, so just a guess.
No symptoms before this morning and she is not bloated at all. I have this Cory for over 2 years. She's been floating at the top of the tank all day until I feed the fish about 30 minutes ago. She went down and ate which is a good sign but still don't see her making it. There is a red line on her abdominal area that looks like a blood vessel(on both sides of her).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.