The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That VWR regulator is perfect for our uses. It is a very high quality, 2 stage regulator, made for laboratory use, and it has an output pressure range of 0-50 psi, which is perfect for our use. If you can get it for $75 you will have a very good bargain. Also, regulators used in laboratories generally have had very good care, so are as good as new, where industrial used regulators can be in worse shape from abuse.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I'll take Hoppys word for it, but you still would need to add a needle valve and check valve to it. A check valve can be inline, no big deal, but most needle valves need to be fitted directly into the regulator. Are you comfortable doing that?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nothing as standard in tho world :). Needle valves either can be threaded inline, or inserted into tubing with barbs. Most post-body kits I've seen come with one, but ask to be sure. I think needle valves can be connected in your sleep, but I also think dropping the gas tank from a car is easy, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Adding the needle valve and solenoid valve isn't rocket science, but it does require that you have enough mechanical ability to use wrenches, recognize pipe threads, know how to use pipe thread sealant, etc. and not feel panic stricken when you have to do it. For those who don't feel they can do that, an assembled regulator with needle valve and solenoid valve is by far the best idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.