The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
I think they're marked up sunsuns. At least that's the rumor.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah lovely, now if I can manage that and a new used car well I'll be a happy camper. Least the tank is looking good even if it has slightly cruddy filtration well not cruddy I guess its enough, I'd just rather not be running two over hanging units ya know? No less by the sounds of things I'll be picking one up. Thanks for the info.

Joe

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ah lovely, now if I can manage that and a new used car well I'll be a happy camper. Least the tank is looking good even if it has slightly cruddy filtration well not cruddy I guess its enough, I'd just rather not be running two over hanging units ya know? No less by the sounds of things I'll be picking one up. Thanks for the info.

Joe
i definitely prefer canisters to HOBs. it's not that HOBs are bad, because some are actually really good, but they are so loud... the water pouring and vibrating is just not something i want to hear and many canisters are virtually silent.

good thing about the sunsuns is you get a nice canister for the price of a HOB. sunsun will be what i get if i ever end up with a big enough tank, but since all i have is a 10g right now, i'll stick with the rena xp ( good filter too actually but pricier than the sunsuns)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with ya there, I had a fluval on my old 55 and wanted to get another, but the price was holding me back. These almost seemed too good to be true, but seems not the case. Now all I gotta do is pick me up a timer so my lighting is a bit more precise and the tank'll be good to go, well as good as you can get with DIY CO2 in a 55 and T5HO lighting, I don't think I needed that much light really but well had the money till the car went kerplat. Now its a sort of doh.. Why'd I spend 130 on lighting when I could have tossed it towards the car. But oh well, gotta love hobbies on a tight budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts