The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I wanted to start a blog site which will be picture heavy. Im starting up with cacti and succulents and I want to share many pics of my adventures. What would be the best place to do? I cant do it on the forum because it takes years to upload pics let alone I want to upload HD pics.

I looked into WordPress and signed up for free account. Quiet quickly, I do not support one thing. As a free blog, they can spam my blog with ads, so in the end they make money off of me. I want a site that either wont spam their own ads or will give me the option for something like AdSense. Im guessing the chances are slim.

Let me know if anyone can suggest me something good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had a blog on Blogspot for years and the only links on my blog are those I put myself. My blog posts tend to be very picture heavy.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
If you want to monetize or control the copyright of your blog, install a wordpress onto a web server you own. It's a bit technical but you have full control.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Wordpress site is honestly really easy to set up.. Watch a few videos on youtube and you can get it going for very very cheap and you can monetize it aswell. Not only that, but you'll be able to set it up exactly how you want!
yeah, it's pretty easy. You just need to make sure you have the current php & mysql setup on your server. Besides that, you click install and enter in some passwords from the server.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had wordpress'd in the past. Recently switched to square space. Affordable and clean. WP is still a good option though.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Almost,all site put,ads on your page. That's how they offer services for free. Can't expect them not to unless you pay. They have the option to do adsense so you can generate revenue from the ads they put up. Blogger has an easy integrations

-Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts