The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to see them around here. We have a couple of typical bettas now, refugees from center pieces at a wedding.

These metallic ones have got me more interested, potentially breeding. Anyone here doing that?

·
Banned
582 Posts
I am. I am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit, and then I am getting a green mask HMPK pair. I have 2 copper mask males (one's a DDRCT and the other's a SD).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I am. I am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit, and then I am getting a green mask HMPK pair. I have 2 copper mask males (one's a DDRCT and the other's a SD).
speak english. :biggrin:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ooo! I'll interpret!

she says, "...and then I am getting a green mask Half Moon Plakat pair. I have two copper mask males (one's a double double ray crowntail [sounds awesome Anne, post a pic] and the other's a Super Delta)."

I am, however, only guessing on PK = Plakat. :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ha. wow.

10 characters.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
people who own bettas are geeks..

i'm one of them. Yeah, the metallics are cool. I'll get a Plakat one day. Or an Imbilis.

·
Banned
582 Posts
LOL!!!! Thanks Mangala! That is what I said.

epicfish, it onlt gets more confusing. I still can't wait to get a blue mask MGDDRCTHMPK!!!! That would be awesome! Or even a blue dragon CTHMPK! Those would be gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
holy crap. i think my brain just turned into an inferno.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Whoops! Here are some pics! His masking isn't that great. I found him at PetCo.

·
Registered
262 Posts
wow.. so when you talk... do you say "blue mask M-G-D-D-R-C-T-H-M-P-K"? wowzers :D i dun think a normal person can keep track of all those letters :D

·
Banned
582 Posts
I just say the actual word. That's just basically shorthand. You wouldn't say "LOL".

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I love those metallic ones!!! I have been waiting for someone local or close by to offer the ones that are referred to as Red dragon plakats.

I bred bettas in my younger years and it was a blast!

here are some pictures.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice Plakats.:smile: I'm tempted to go blast with bettas again already.:hihi:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks like I'll have to do alot of research on the web before deciding what to do in this area. Obviously, I wouldn't want someone to stick me with a kfaodpwcue when I ask for a aksndzdccma, so I better know the differences!

·
Registered
695 Posts
nice bettas everyone :D OOoo look at my betta i saved him from a mini bowl at a lps :D His name is murphy.
I want to get one of those metallic bettas one day :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Beautiful Bettas...here are my lovelies:

Rover Whitefin...Walmart Rescue

And Splash...Petco Rescue

This is Blondie, also a Petco Rescue...the sick female (just days before she developed Dropsy)...you can barely make out Tori in the background...Tori is another Walmart Rescue

·
Registered
234 Posts
dropsy is the absolute most discuting diesese ive ever viewed ! on a foot long koi ! DISCUTING!

·
Registered
381 Posts
dropsy is the absolute most discuting diesese ive ever viewed ! on a foot long koi ! DISCUTING!

She looks Bad!!!

Here are some pictures I have taken of her:

I agree it is discusting!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Speaking of Bettas... Who here keeps females bettas in a community tank with each other? Anyone ever have this happen:

I was adding a new female to my "colony" and I just so happen to have one rather large female with long flowing fins (compared to the other girls, anyway) And the new girl in her cup was watching this large female and suddenly sprouted verticle mating lines!!!

Wow was she shocked when I eventually put her in the water and she found out there are no males in my tank........ The large female then spent the next two weeks hiding in the water wisteria forest. They're ok now, though.

:confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts