The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an insane amount floaters, a good amount of moss, and a decent amount of riccia.

I'm mostly looking for larger stem plants and or hygro. I gave away all my stems on my last rescape and none of the ones I kept seemed to grow back!

Kind of want to do this locally as a trade since I'm going to be rescaping the tank soon. Want to fill it in better.

I'm in the Boston Area.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi, what are the floaters you have? What kind of moss is it?

I would have Ludwigia repens and SS hygro to trade. I would probably need a couple of weeks to grow some back I just did a massive weeding ;)

I am thinking of starting a 10g with mostly moss so this may be a good fit. I live in Medford, but work on BU campus, whichever is easier if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Regloh, sounds good.

Tony (itstony) just dropped off some Ludwigen? and Hygro. But I would love to have more to start the tank fresh. I can wait a few weeks since I'm for my gf to bring me back some manz wood for my new scape.

My Moss is a mix of Taiwan/Xmas/Java. I have about a baseball size that I can trade atm. I have a bit growing in an outdoor 2g.
Floaters I always have surplus because they sit in all my tanks. I have duckweed (the small ones) and amazonian frogbit.

I also have a small amount of Riccia I can give out that is very healthy. (just roak'd a huge sandwich bag full to a pt.net member)

BU sounds perfect. Where do you work?
I'm by Symphony Hall.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Regloh, sounds good.

Tony (itstony) just dropped off some Ludwigen? and Hygro. But I would love to have more to start the tank fresh. I can wait a few weeks since I'm for my gf to bring me back some manz wood for my new scape.

My Moss is a mix of Taiwan/Xmas/Java. I have about a baseball size that I can trade atm. I have a bit growing in an outdoor 2g.
Floaters I always have surplus because they sit in all my tanks. I have duckweed (the small ones) and amazonian frogbit.

I also have a small amount of Riccia I can give out that is very healthy. (just roak'd a huge sandwich bag full to a pt.net member)

BU sounds perfect. Where do you work?
I'm by Symphony Hall.
Hey it's good to know that Tony was able to keep MY ludwigia and SS Hygro alive :hihi:. I sold him some a little while ago.

I think I'm interested in the frogbit and the moss. I'll pm you when I have enough stems to trade. It sounds like you want as many as possible, but I'm thinking about 5 or 10 each?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 or 10 each is fine. Whatever you can spare.

Frogbit you can have as much as I have in the tanks. If it's going to be in 3 weeks or so. I can leave it all my tanks to grow out. I've been giving away portions or throwing them out weekly. Prob enough to completely cover a 10g? or more if I have more for you. I only need 2 or 3 good pieces as they multiply so fast in my tanks.

Moss I have about a baseball size I can spare right now. maybe a little more when you're ready.

I've been breeding Guppies also. Might have some new fry in a few weeks. I'm breeding em for a nano fry tank

·
Registered
683 Posts
Read and answered today ;)
I have been slacking on the forum over the weekend... my apologies.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Hogard.. I just got home about 30 minutes ago. Pulled the plants out of the paper towels. I was very very surprised at how beautiful they grew in your tank!! The red is BEAUTIFUL and they look extremely healthy (no limps or roots above the substrate)

I don't know how you do it!! but keep doing it!

thanks for the plants!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Matt,
thanks for the trade I just threw your plants into my tank and the floater covered almost half of it... I'm sure I'll be fishing a bunch out every week. They look really nice and healthy. The moss is still in a breeding basket. I really don't want it in my 55g, but I want to keep it alive until my 10g office tank is ready. I am trying to decide if I want to try and separate the different mosses, but that looks like a lot of work. I may still do it though ;)

Now I really need to get going on that project I guess.
Thanks

Holger

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok next round..

Does anyone have any extra Marimo////moss balls for sale for a fair price or trade?

I have a large amount of Riccia, extremely healthy.
alot of other stuff that will need to grow out the coming weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts