The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone located in the Vancouver, BC area that has some HC or Glosso to spare? I've been all over to all the major stores like Big Al's and King Ed's and no one seems to carry these on a regular basis.

What are my options if I can't find any locally? I'm not even sure if the plants would survive up to Canada if I bought online...

Thanks
GGG

·
Registered
575 Posts
The other issue buying cross border online, is importation laws prohibiting many plants. Call (formerly Lonsdale) Pet Boutique in North Van- they can often bring in what you want.
Have you tried Aquariums West on Burrard? Sometimes pricey, but often carry hard to get stuff, and always top quality.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Call up King Ed and ask what day their plant guy is in. If he doesn't have HC, he'll either be able to get it ordered in for you or know someone who can get it. Besides that, he's just generally a good resource to talk to. He was actually the person who gave me my first lessons in aquatic plants.

-Philosophos

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ask on BCaquaria.com as well. You will find some for sure!

+1. It will be ten times cheaper as well and probably better quality since it has been pampered by someone else. The classifieds are awesome on that forum... some real steals as far as plants, livestock and equipment go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I called around and ended up going to Pet Boutique. They had one small Glosso for sale so I scooped that up. It doesn't look to be in great shape so hopefully I bring it back to life. I'll see if I can get some pics up later tonight.

So far, Kay at King Ed's and his "plant guy" seem to be my best bet on HC in the area...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
April from April's Aquarium brings them in too, but yes, the BCAquaria planted tank people often have them on sale (I'm a member there).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts