The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything cheap that we can pick up either today (friday) or sunday when we're in Denver? Just wanting some "cheap labor" for the murky tanks. Hubby is headed to Denver in a bit and would be available from around 6pm to 8pm tonight (preferably) - or sometime sunday morning (full day, but possible)...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Darn... I think we missed you coming in to town...

We went to the Cichlid Auction yesterday (Saturday) and got some extra calico bushies in case you were still needing some.

We could give them to you at the meeting next week for $2.50 ea. They are pretty young around 2 inches or so and are already cleaning my tank all over.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tally - hang on to them for me?? We'll be there... How many extra did you get and how close to breeding age do you think they are? Are they the regular fin or long fins? I appreciate you doing this and look forward to the next meeting now even more so! I forgot what date it will be (the 2nd?)...
Seeya soon, and I'll bring my cooler for the ride home (as I believe will the the usual protocol for the meetings!)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks Tally - hang on to them for me?? We'll be there... How many extra did you get and how close to breeding age do you think they are? Are they the regular fin or long fins? I appreciate you doing this and look forward to the next meeting now even more so! I forgot what date it will be (the 2nd?)...
Sorry, the only long fins at the auction were also albino and went well out of my price range.

Meeting is on the 2nd... speaker will be me (about the new website) and Chris (about Noxious Weeds).

Got 8 calicos, I want to hold onto 2 of them... if saganco wants 4, then I can reserve 2 for Farrarikid.... or some such.

I think they are about half-grown but have not developed the bristles yet, so I don't know which are male/female.

Seeya soon, and I'll bring my cooler for the ride home (as I believe will the the usual protocol for the meetings!)
I wrap a soda bottle filled with boiled water in a hand towel, and put it in my cooler with the fishies. That way they stay nice and cozy for the meeting and ride home.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Of course, there might be some at the mini-auction too, but one never knows. :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tally, I would actually like to have all six that you got for me if it's ok with you. My tanks are a mess, and my cichlids scare the poo out of my SAE's! Thanks so much for your help. I'll be so anxious to get my little sweeties :drool: I look forward to being there again, that group is such a wonderful bunch of folks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Are your cichlids very big? I have never kept little bristlies with cichlids, so don't know if they would be picked on. Do your cichlids acctually pick on the ottos?

I do have a few slightly larger non-calico bristlies. Could probably part with two of them.

So 6 for saganco (I will let you choose how many of what type you would like... All 6 calicos or 4 calicos and 2 reg, or 5 calicos and 1 reg.)

And the two left will go to ferrarikid... you will be able to come to the meeting?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tally, thanks for your quick reply. I will definitely be at the meeting (unless there's a blizzard that day!). I have small HRP's that are about 3" or so. Still doing the "love dance", ready to spawn again, but haven't done so for the last 3 weeks of dancing... must be the presence of the 6 week old kids in the tank keeping them from spawning. Anyway, I digress, I prefer the looks of the calico's - so if the offer still stands, I'll go with the original 6 you got for me. You're a peach! Seeya on Friday night and I'll try the warm bottle trick as well.

Oh, forgot - it's not ottos that are scared of the HRP's, but the SAE's who are pretty much scared of everyone, but that leaves my HRP tank (along with other tanks) devoid of good algae eaters. I sure appreciate your help!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Okay... so ferrarikid, would you like the two non-calicos?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tally, I forgot to ask you what size my new little ones are! Do you have anything you're putting in the auction this time? If so, please let me know what it will be? I have several new tanks that need plants, and we bought some of your plants last time - very nice! Any fish, plants, or other stuff, let me know?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They are pretty young around 2 inches or so and are already cleaning my tank all over.
That is including the tail... I don't really know where to measure where the tail begins. A few are only about 1.5 inches though.

We will be bringing a few plants to the auction, but will be saving most of them for the big auction in April.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah the two not so calico's are fine!!

I am hoping that maybe I can geta breeding colony goin here... How big are the non callicos?
They are both around 2 inches (including tail). I can try to select a boy and girl for you, but can't promise since their bushies are still really little.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.