The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, does anyone have any insider or reliable recent info on when BML will be releasing their automated LED controller?

Their forum has been pretty inactive on this. Other than saying "in the next few weeks", but it's been saying that for quite some time now.

I have their manual dimmer, which is fine for now. But in the long run, I'd like to be able to program a slow ramp up, burst, then back down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like the title says, does anyone have any insider or reliable recent info on when BML will be releasing their automated LED controller?

Their forum has been pretty inactive on this. Other than saying "in the next few weeks", but it's been saying that for quite some time now.

I have their manual dimmer, which is fine for now. But in the long run, I'd like to be able to program a slow ramp up, burst, then back down.

I spoke with Cara over email last week. The automated LED controller is ready. It was suppose to be released this past Saturday, but was pushed back due to the person in charge of the design being out of office for the next 1.5 weeks. I am assuming it will be available early April at this point.

Like a lot of people, I am waiting for it's release.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with Cara over email last week. The automated LED controller is ready. It was suppose to be released this past Saturday, but was pushed back due to the person in charge of the design being out of office for the next 1.5 weeks. I am assuming it will be available early April at this point.

Like a lot of people, I am waiting for it's release.
Fantastic, thanks for the info. Let's just hope they have enough ready for launch that they don't sell out quickly. :red_mouth

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got the same info from Cara last week. I've been waiting for a while for this but was disappointed to find out that the light still won't do moonlight. They have another light in the works that will do sunrise/sunset/moonlight, which is what I want but I'm waiting on the light to finish my tank.

Saverio, how does the manual dimmer work? What does it do?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the same info from Cara last week. I've been waiting for a while for this but was disappointed to find out that the light still won't do moonlight. They have another light in the works that will do sunrise/sunset/moonlight, which is what I want but I'm waiting on the light to finish my tank.

It's just a dial that plugs into the power supply. You turn the dial to dim the lights anywhere from 10% to 100%. For $15, I figured might as well, as I didn't know how long it would be before the automatic controller would release.

If you want to dim two separate fixtures, you have to buy a separate cable that connects the power supply to each fixture for $5.

Kind of a bummer that it won't control moonlights. I guess I'll just plug my moonlights into a timer and have them kick on for a time before sunrise and after sunset.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but if it doesn't do this, what exactly will a light controller do? I've never used one before. Also how much do you expect it might cost?

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is copied and pasted from Cara:

You’ll be able to run sunrise/sunset dimming programs as well as other custom features. Because these fixtures are either all on, all off, or all dimmed to the same level you won’t be able to individually control certain LEDs, so a moonlight look wherein only blue LEDs are on and dimmed will not be possible. If that is absolutely a feature you’d want, you may want to hold off on this entire order until our freshwater planted multi-channel fixture is out, as it will allow you to individually control three separate channels of lights and thus leave only the blue LEDs on and dimmed for a ‘moonglow’ look. Price point for multi-channel fixtures will be slightly higher, probably about $395 for a 48” freshwater fixture (this would be in XB)

Cara said their controller will be about $130.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow. That's a crazy price for that kind of features. I love my fish, and like the idea, but I couldn't even think about justifying that purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts