The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I read that as 2 (quantity) of #27 (size) o-rings.

I'd go to a local hardware or automotive store. Take the old ring with you, or better yet, the part it goes in. Most rings are less then $1.00. I haven't bought a manufacturers part like this in years as their cost is often 5+ times higher than it needs to be (as in this case).

Also, get a little bit of silicone o-ring lubricant. Makes the parts fit better and extends the life of the ring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read that as 2 (quantity) of #27 (size) o-rings.

I'd go to a local hardware or automotive store. Take the old ring with you, or better yet, the part it goes in. Most rings are less then $1.00. I haven't bought a manufacturers part like this in years as their cost is often 5+ times higher than it needs to be (as in this case).

Also, get a little bit of silicone o-ring lubricant. Makes the parts fit better and extends the life of the ring.
I totally agree go to your local hardware store. I just picked some o-rings up at home depot for less than $0.50.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yehhh, I don't know why vendors charge such ridiculous prices for "their" parts. I just replaced the fan in my Current fixture with a $4.95 50mm PC fan that runs 17db quieter than their noisy $27.00 one. (Which, by the way, can be gotten for $5.95 (same brand - Sunon) at any PC supply house).

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have some that I bought at Home Depot. They are size #12 o-rings. 13/16" od x 5/8" id x 3/32". I got the size and dimensions from another thread here on PT.net. If you want, I can send you a couple. I can also send some plumber's lube that helps the orings. Just PM me with your address. Or you can just go to HD and get your own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.