The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this one because it sounded great and it is pretty nice except that I can't get it to turn off at the time that I set. It turns on at the time that I set, it turns the "moon light" mode on and off at the times that I set, but always turns off at the default 6:30 pm. I work until 5 most days, so this means that I hardly see my fish unless I over ride it and shut it off manually when I want. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The timer is a great add, but the light itself looks like any other Beamswork or copy. Probably made in the same factory. It's good inexpensive beginners LED.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I thought this seemed like a beginners kind of light, which is fine for me because I'm new to planted tanks and haven't messed with any tanks at all in 10+ years. I found a simple way around the timer issue, I just thought I would share in case anyone else runs into it. I just set the lights system time back a few hours so that when the light "thinks" it's 6:30, it's really 8:00. Then I adjusted the "daylight on" setting so that it still comes on when I want in the morning. Since doing that, I've been pretty happy with it and my plants are doing well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts