The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.25 gallon I'm planning to plant some extra plants in. Medium lit tank with some cryps, anubias, and mondo grass/hc. I want to add filtration, but I do not want the flow/current to be high since it's a very small tank. I was tinkering around with filter parts and pipes to try to come up with a setup. So far, nothing that efficient. Also the hagen mini elite is way to powerful (I hear) and a red sea nano might be a bit too big. I'm open to diy ideas also.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a 1.25 gallon I'm planning to plant some extra plants in. Medium lit tank with some cryps, anubias, and mondo grass/hc. I want to add filtration, but I do not want the flow/current to be high since it's a very small tank. I was tinkering around with filter parts and pipes to try to come up with a setup. So far, nothing that efficient. Also the hagen mini elite is way to powerful (I hear) and a red sea nano might be a bit too big. I'm open to diy ideas also.
I run the Red Sea nano on a 2 gallon DoAqua cube and its fine. It has a flow adjustment so you can dial it to what you want.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Remember that prefilters and filter media will slow down the flow.

Just wondering, why mondo grass?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm that sounds like a good suggestion.

I'm just using this tank to store some small plants, and I have a bit of mondo grass that needs to grow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts