The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
I agree. I don't think it is possible.

EDIT: albinism is possible in any organism. But seeing as it hasn't happened in captivity yet, I doubt it is possible in this situation.

Anyways. Pics please.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Camera doesn't really take good pictures *iphone* But I tried the best I could.

I know it isn't a molt I've been observing the shrimp for about a week now, he/she eats the same as everyone else & although some of the siblings aren't full red, In person this one for sure stands out being extremely white with full white eyes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was trying but the shrimp was going all over the place, It's about 2 weeks old & is easy to spot in my tank full of 40ish babies. I am excited to see how the shrimp will look in a month or so

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have three tanks with cherries and I get full white shrimp all the time. Sometimes they take longer to color up, sometimes they don't color up at all. These are my culls that go in my community tank as good. They are basically low grade cherries. Like they are reverting back to wild type coloring or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
To be fair though, almost any neo shrimp that has no coloring could look like snowball. :)
True enough lol. The only thing that would distinguish them would be stark white eggs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.