The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone got one of these UNS Foresta systems?

327 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  somewhatshocked
This is what I'm talking about - their ready-made paludarium product:

Reactions: evil8 and Goodwood
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,896 Posts
Literally just announced less then 2 weeks ago. I don't know if anyone owns one yet. I watched the video UNS put out of someone setting one up:

They have another video of how it works:

The immediate takeaway I had was that it was tiny. It retails for around 350 dollars I believe.

As a ready made dripwall it's a nice idea but I wish the water section were like 6 times bigger. I am also super wary of any kind of fogging device using tankwater. I feel like that is definite human health hazard.

· Administrator
18,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a ready made dripwall it's a nice idea but I wish the water section were like 6 times bigger. I am also super wary of any kind of fogging device using tankwater. I feel like that is definite human health hazard.
That's part of the reason I asked. As a nerd, I can obviously come up with a better solution. Or I assume I could, as I've used drip cloth/Hygrolon in the past and have built vivariums. And there are clearly better retail solutions already available on the market for roughly the same price, even.

But was hoping someone out there would have one and have already torn it apart to examine the fogging mechanism and everything else. So I don't have to buy it to rip it apart. :ROFLMAO: I've got a bunch of UNS tanks that I love but this, frankly, strikes me as bizarrely overpriced. Even though I love the tiny size.

Also believe it to be a health risk and don't think anyone should be operating something like this for fogging. My preference for both animal and human health is to use cool mist humidifiers with RO/DI water and to keep the equipment obsessively clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts