The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.marinedepot.com/Current_..._Filters-Current_USA-CU08026-FIFRITWP-vi.html

i am looking for a small internal filter to place in 4.5 inches of water. i really like the look of this one, but i am not sure if it can be run on its side... it says to place it with water halfway up the grooves (right way up). does anyone know if you can run this filter on its side and also what the maximum head on it is?

if anyone could recommend a nice little pump/filter for about 30$ that can run in 4.5 inches of water, has about a 70+ gph and has over 30" of head, i would be very happy :hihi:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I would have to say nope not going to work. These are designed to run at 0 head height and turning them on there side would defeat the prupose. What is the purpose of the pump you need? Finding one in that price range with that much head height is probably going to be a challenge as most pumps with low output are deisgned more for fountains with 12" max or so head.

Craig

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to say nope not going to work. These are designed to run at 0 head height and turning them on there side would defeat the prupose. What is the purpose of the pump you need? Finding one in that price range with that much head height is probably going to be a challenge as most pumps with low output are deisgned more for fountains with 12" max or so head.

Craig
i'm just going to run a tube from the pump up about 20-25" to create a drip wall in the back of the vivarium i am building. doesn't need to be fancy, just small and able to push the water up at a decent rate.

http://www.aquariumguys.com/rio-plus-600.html

something like that is fine. i don't intend to have any animals in the water anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.