The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of shrimp! LOL The person must be keeping them without selling/donating away any for quite a while! I would imagine the many times of water changes that must be done.. exhausting! It's exhausting, because you have to check your bucket for any babies accidentally siphoned as well as doing the water changes lol.... It has happened to me numerous times and you would have to net the babies out. Hard to see sometimes... Anyway, I think I only had about a quarter of that kind of population going in one of my Cherry Shrimp tanks.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
You could buy a BMW for the price of those shrimp. Actually, forget that, you could buy a Lamborghini! :)

No, but all jokes aside, how much do you think all these are worth? Let's say there are 500 of them and they're sss grade and sell for $50 apiece (yeah, these are lowball estimates :)) then there is 25000 dollars worth of shrimp in there. So you could buy a Civic ;)

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
At $1 a piece that would be a good chunk of cash! Check out the vid in my last post...
Wow you are right. Some of the shrimps there are definitely SS in the video. I guess he just lets them breed without selection. But I would guess there is quite a sum of money there :O

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I thought we figured out this guy was an importer and this is just a holding tank. (although I can't confirm)

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I thought we figured out this guy was an importer and this is just a holding tank. (although I can't confirm)
Wouldn't they ship the different grades a bit though so they could be held in different tanks, and not ship CBS and CRS together? Guess it depends if you buying from a select breeder who only has A,S,SS,SSS,SSSS tanks of each color separate or if he is buying and importing, hes buying from someone who keeps them all together in 1 tank and just ships a bucketful at a time or something. lol.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I don't think SSS's go for 50$ a piece....... Lol I don't think those are lowball estimates.
UHUH :) Check eBay, and any other sites, nice SSS grades can go for well over $50. And also by lowball estimates, I meant saying that 500 of them were in there was low.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.