The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone here entered or is planning on entering the 2021 IAPLC? I just submitted my 60p and may do a tank journal about it here after the results are published.

I doubt I'll do very well with such a small tank, considering how hardcore people can get. This is the first time I've entered an aquascaping competition and the process taught me a lot. If I can break the top 600 I would be thrilled, but just being able to get to the point of submitting a photo was rewarding enough. I'm already considering doing another one next year!

Anyways, I’d love to hear about any of your experiences out there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Has anyone here entered or is planning on entering the 2021 IAPLC? I just submitted my 60p and may do a tank journal about it here after the results are published.

I doubt I'll do very well with such a small tank, considering how hardcore people can get. This is the first time I've entered an aquascaping competition and the process taught me a lot. If I can break the top 600 I would be thrilled, but just being able to get to the point of submitting a photo was rewarding enough. I'm already considering doing another one next year!

Anyways, I’d love to hear about any of your experiences out there.

View attachment 1030027
All the very best for your entry this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh nice @jellopuddinpop. @burr740 Those are gorgeous dutch style tanks! Well I will eventually make a journal but again, it's a little shabby. Right after I took it I had some issues with glare (minor). There were too many bubbles on the plants because I took it at the end of the light period, so it gave it an overly sharp look. I had some algae that cropped up that I didn't notice on some anubius, and the plant combination with a bit all over the place and not fully mature haha. And I borrowed a dslr camera, but even with my light cranked up, it wasn't bright enough to be able to capture the fish without blur, so I had to use my smartphone instead. And it was a small tank. But yeah, I'm ready to try again next year and hopefully have a better run at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.