The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yeah, on the harder to distinguish tests I just decipher what may be the lowest possible reading and the highest possible reading if the color could be seen as multiple different levels, then I sort of pic a color/level inbetween the high and low (sometimes when I do that though, I do narrow down what the color more likely resembles.

From your pic, for ammonia, I would say, ehhh, maybe .5-1ppm, nitrite .25ppm, nitrate pretty much 0ppm (has a little orange tinge though). Lighting makes a difference though.
How long you been cycling for? Know your temperature and pH?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Those params are good where they are at. How long have you been cycling for? If your nitrates are going up, you are getting close to conpleting the cycle.

For future reference, you can dose Tetra SafeStart or Dr. Tim's One and Only to speed up the cycle (they already have nitrifying bacteria culture in the bottle).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a couple weeks now. I've started checking daily and my ammonia has reduced since yesterday but everything else seems to have stayed the same. I'm sure it'll be another week or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.