The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three different baby foods (powders) that I feed my shrimp daily: Shirakura Chi Ebi, BorneoWild Bebi and Ebiken EI.

Ebiken EI is the only baby food that makes all my shrimp go crazy searching for the powder. As soon as I put some in the tank all the shrimp descend to the bottom of the tank and start picking between my Akadama.

Anybody know what's actually in it? I tried searching and all it says is that it's beneficial bacteria. It actually smells like hot cocoa.

Can anybody read this?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I have three different baby foods (powders) that I feed my shrimp daily: Shirakura Chi Ebi, BorneoWild Bebi and Ebiken EI.

Ebiken EI is the only baby food that makes all my shrimp go crazy searching for the powder. As soon as I put some in the tank all the shrimp descend to the bottom of the tank and start picking between my Akadama.

Anybody know what's actually in it? I tried searching and all it says is that it's beneficial bacteria. It actually smells like hot cocoa.

Can anybody read this?
At last, I'm not the only one that thinks it smells like hot chocolate!!!

I used to feed bioplus and didn't notice any results one way or another but since I've been feeding the EI, I can see a difference in baby size growing up. Some of my babies that seemed stunted before and didn't grow forever have been growing nicely.

On a side note, I'll be stalking my mailman tomorrow morning waiting for this :)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
My shrimp lose their little skrimpy minds over it. Mine doesn't smell like hot cocoa though. Maybe cocoa with no sweetener added. LOL! Smells a bit yeasty to me. I've fed a few baby foods (BW Bebi, Mosura Biolplus and the Ebiken EI) and nothing gets the response the EI does. And that's everybody, babies and adults included.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At last, I'm not the only one that thinks it smells like hot chocolate!!!

I used to feed bioplus and didn't notice any results one way or another but since I've been feeding the EI, I can see a difference in baby size growing up. Some of my babies that seemed stunted before and didn't grow forever have been growing nicely.

On a side note, I'll be stalking my mailman tomorrow morning waiting for this :)

Very nice. Do your adult shrimp go crazy too when you dose the EI? It seems that everyone gets in on the action. I've also got even more berried shrimp recently but not sure if that's the effect of me raising the temp from 72 to 74.5 or whether it's the EI (these are the two things that I recently changed).

What did you order from Ebiken?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My shrimp lose their little skrimpy minds over it. Mine doesn't smell like hot cocoa though. Maybe cocoa with no sweetener added. LOL! Smells a bit yeasty to me. I've fed a few baby foods (BW Bebi, Mosura Biolplus and the Ebiken EI) and nothing gets the response the EI does. And that's everybody, babies and adults included.
Nice, that's exactly what mine do.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I don't know for sure but it smells a lot like brewer's yeast, soy, bee pollen. Occasionally I get a hint of a kelp smell, as well.
Good nose, all I get is hot chocolate. lol. Whatever it is, 1/4 scoop just got 30+ CRS/CBS/goldens out and all over the substrate within 5 mins.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It smells kinda funky to me, but yea I've noticed it spreads over water before sinking, which really helps distribute it everywhere.

My shrimp love it too. they only get super frisky when they're molting, or I give them Ei!

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Can anybody read this?
I can, but I'll need a clearer picture for some parts.

From what I can make out (the non blurry parts, I can kind of guess what the blurry parts say, but...)

Filled with many of the nutrients that shrimp require, you can expect them to grow (well, etc. can't really make out this part).

The front does not say anything about what is inside.

·
Banned
235 Posts
I wanna say my scape baby food is the same thing or close as frank of ebiken designed it. My package says.

"A high-protein powder containing the necessary nutrients and amino acids to promote higher growth and survival rates of young shrimp."

Mine also smells sweet like chocolate, protein powder and fish cake.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.