The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your best bet (if you don't want to break the tank down and move everything after cleaning, etc.) would be to increase the water level or trim the plants at the surface so the watermeal is by itself. From there it's a matter of manually removing every piece that you see and keep a diligent eye for anything under the lips of the frame, behind the heater / on the heater cord, etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Your best bet (if you don't want to break the tank down and move everything after cleaning, etc.) would be to increase the water level or trim the plants at the surface so the watermeal is by itself. From there it's a matter of manually removing every piece that you see and keep a diligent eye for anything under the lips of the frame, behind the heater / on the heater cord, etc.
Thanks all will be on it quick and growing like no tomorrow.:confused1:

I guess came in on one plant as the only way could of gotten it.

Anybody try H2O2

As a 125 no way am I breaking it down.

I guess a dip from now on.

And this dip is made from what?

Thanks again.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What do you mean by dips? As in, dips for new plants to avoid other situations like this? If so, I've had great success with alum baths for getting rid of snails and snail eggs. For algae and whatnot, a lot of other people have had success with potassium permanganate dips or bleach dips. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages over the other, so research them and choose one that you are comfortable with using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.