The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted angelfish. Browsing around online I discovered there's a dwarf variety that stays small, adult size no bigger than 5 cm body height. It's Pterophyllum scalare Blauer Zwerg but the site I found it only does wholesale. Anyone ever seen or kept this fish, or know where it can be acquired? Are there any other dwarf varieties? This is the first I've heard of one and I'd love to know more about them. But all the sites I land on when I search are in german, so I suspect they're only bred over there...?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
For people to have bred the original 5cm strain with regular size angles, they must have done it artificially. I can't see how it could be done naturally.

By artificially, I'm thinking removing the milt and eggs from the fish and mixing them together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the only dwarf Angels are runts. Take any 3-400 batch of Angels and there will usually be a few runts in the batch that will never get real big ( and won't live too long). If anyone wants some, I will save a few out for you to come and pick up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.