The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a few of these just pop up last time i got plants no biggie but now that they are getting a bit bigger just wanted to see what kind they are

only had my phone with me otherwise would have taken it with my DSLR but hopefully these will do

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I find that they do not reproduce nearly as quickly as pond snails. Is that true, or have I just been lucky so far?

Leah
Ramshorn snails do not reproduce as quickly as pond snails, you are correct. However, they do get quite big, which can be a bummer if you have them in a smaller tank. You can usually keep the population small by not overfeeding your tank. If you end up with too many, you can bait them with some veggies in the tank overnight and remove them in the morning.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Oh man I wish my ramshorn snails didn't breed quickly. My fluval ebi is frickin getting overrun with the things they're everywhere. I spend time every night picking out all the ones on the glass and crushing them (usually about 20 a day at least) but to no avail. I can't get rid of the frickin things. I'm gonna pick up some assassin snails tomorrow to throw in there.. maybe 2, and hope they don't go after any shrimps. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find eough food to keep them full :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.