The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I finally got my x-mas gift! I drove 2 hrs and spent the day in Orlando yesterday and while I was there with my fiance I went and got my skrimps! I got 8 and they moved in last night to their new home. Sorry for not having a pic yet. It was late and a long day. Ill get some later.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I received my Christmas gift 3 days ago. Was looking at my PRL tank and saw 3 tiny red dots! Took me half hour to realize that there is a mama still with 2-3 eggs in her belly. Her shell has a pretty soild white so I never known she was berried! Surprise!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ebichua, was there no plant or sponge or something for the shrimp to hang onto in the bag? It did not look like it in your picture. I wonder if that was the reason they died. Seems hard to believe someone would charge that much money for shrimp and overlook something this simple. I hardly ever pay for express mail for shrimp. I ordered and shipped plenty of times and shrimp have no problems surviving 3 or more days in a Kordon breather bag which was what yours came in, so they should have been fine unless the temperature was an issue.
But I won't order or ship until March myself, unless it involves only my neighboring states. So my X-mas present to me will have to wait until spring.
If you look closely, you see that there is a small piece of filter floss in the bag. Some shippers prefer to use inorganic materials for shipping to prevent ammonia spikes. Looks like a temperature issue here.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.