The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
DOA should cover it... since I stayed home to get the package immediately and opened the bag within 5 minutes and e-mailed him right away with pictures. I won't get a refund on the $35 shipping, but I do hope to get $240 back. This hurts :( I've been anticipating these guys for over 2 months and it took me a few weeks to even locate a seller. These were his last few shrimp that were available, I think. I'm truly devastated. Not a single one survived.

·
Registered
205 Posts
DOA should cover it... since I stayed home to get the package immediately and opened the bag within 5 minutes and e-mailed him right away with pictures. I won't get a refund on the $35 shipping, but I do hope to get $240 back. This hurts :( I've been anticipating these guys for over 2 months and it took me a few weeks to even locate a seller. These were his last few shrimp that were available, I think. I'm truly devastated. Not a single one survived.
That sucks! So sorry to hear that. I would just be sick too. :icon_cry:

I ordered 36 SSS CBS and there is no tracking info on them. The seller even went to the post office to check on them. Should have been here today. So hope they show up tomorrow. I didn't even think about the Christmas rush when I was ordering them. Stupid me!

·
Banned
32 Posts
Well, if you happen to get a refund, I know of a seller in Oregon that can help you.

Also, the seller can request a refund on the shipping fees. From my understanding, USPS gives you a guaranteed time only on express, if they do not meet that, then you can take the receipt and get a refund on postage.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Well, if you happen to get a refund, I know of a seller in Oregon that can help you.

Also, the seller can request a refund on the shipping fees. From my understanding, USPS gives you a guaranteed time only on express, if they do not meet that, then you can take the receipt and get a refund on postage.

Thank you so much, Shadowfang!!

And thank you everyone for your sympathies. It's truly tragic. Money isn't 100% an issue here, because in the end, I do feel awful that the shrimp died. I know some people see these are just ornamental but a life is a life to me. And the fact that they were getting shipped to me and died due to the cold or whatever happened, I feel awful about having to put them through that. Very sad.

Express is guaranteed 1-2 days. It arrived on the second day ONE minute away from being late. Seriously, it arrived at 11:59, that's when the doorbell rang and the website said it would arrive sometime before 12 PM. I watched the clock tick, literally minute by minute as it drew closer to 12. 11:59...!!!

·
Banned
32 Posts
I've had a carrier pre-scan that items were delivered to bypass the express refund. Literally stated that it arrived and was delivered in the am, only to actually be delivered at 4pm.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thank you!
Maybe Santa will bring a better camera next year :)

Need a better photo of the scape. (Probably another thread)

The rocks used are pieces of grave stone/countertop marble chips.
They are grey, granite like, with veins of black and silver/mother of pearl.
Soothing Shrimps Sakuras look like little pieces of glowing amber in the tank!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got myself two early xmas presents of the fishy variety.

Firstly, a one (1) year digital subscription to Tropical Fish Hobbyist for $0.99. Cyber week special. Freaking awesome as it allows me access to all their back issues in digital format.

Secondly, a local LFS brought in these guys, I was the first person to go purchase some. This is my first experience with shrimp and I believe a first for the island, will see how things go.

DSC_0005 by Gt Turbo 1883, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Gt Turbo 1883, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I got myself two early xmas presents of the fishy variety.

Firstly, a one (1) year digital subscription to Tropical Fish Hobbyist for $0.99. Cyber week special. Freaking awesome as it allows me access to all their back issues in digital format.

Secondly, a local LFS brought in these guys, I was the first person to go purchase some. This is my first experience with shrimp and I believe a first for the island, will see how things go.

DSC_0005 by Gt Turbo 1883, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Gt Turbo 1883, on Flickr

Awesome you are one of the first to have these there. They must have been some big bucks since they had to be imported though. How much were they going for?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Ebichua, was there no plant or sponge or something for the shrimp to hang onto in the bag? It did not look like it in your picture. I wonder if that was the reason they died. Seems hard to believe someone would charge that much money for shrimp and overlook something this simple. I hardly ever pay for express mail for shrimp. I ordered and shipped plenty of times and shrimp have no problems surviving 3 or more days in a Kordon breather bag which was what yours came in, so they should have been fine unless the temperature was an issue.
But I won't order or ship until March myself, unless it involves only my neighboring states. So my X-mas present to me will have to wait until spring.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.