The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Logan and I live in Anchorage and wanted to know if there are any other active Planted Tank members on here. Im hopping there are so maybe we can form a planted tank group or at least a trimmings swap.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( Starting to think Im all alone up here. There a few places to buy plants but not much. Other that Petsmart, Petco (which don't count) we have Alaska Coral Fanatics. They are more of a salt shop but the owner is trying to get into plants but is having a hard time. I usually just pic a plant and have him order it for me so I can support the local guys. Im always in there giving him advise about what plant products to cary and how to set up his plant display tank. But when it comes to buying fish I wont go anywhere else.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Tim from Alaska coral fanatics is talking about getting one started. I would be game.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work at Alaska Coral Fanatics now in my free time. Come see me and ask for Logan, it would be cool to meet other plant addicts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anchorage here as well. Just starting a 10 gallon planted, and once I rehome some rescued cichlids, I will converting my 55 to saltwater. Also have a 160 gallon pond I want to plant as well but need to find plants that grow faster than my turtles can eat.

Sheb

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its good. Works better than the junk azoo i was using. Very easy set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wasilla

I have a 55 gallon planted low-tech and a 45 gallon bowfront planted low-tech. Nothing fancy in them, but regular trimmings... Crypts and vals doing well and need thinning periodically... Some snails in the tank. Would be willing to post here when I have extras to give away...

--Wasilla (KGB / Vine)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey fellow Alaskans,
we have a large plant order coming in tonight available for sale tomorrow morning at Alaska coral finatics. (we changed our spelling due to legal issues) 146 plants! Come fill those tanks up!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay so I got the store a new wholesale account with Jermack out of New York. We will no longer be ordering plants from segrest farms. Segrest was able to supply me with decent plants but was always out of what I wanted. Here are some pics of the current store plant tank:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Logan, I live in Anchorage! I don't currently have a tank but am going to set up a small planted tank with a few fish in the near future. I am interested in a planted tank group, although I don't have any trimmings to swap currently.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.