The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been juicing at least 3 times a week for about 2 years now. I pretty much just have a mason jar full of whatever vegetable juice I make for dinner. A few weeks ago we had a doctor come in at my work to measure antioxidant levels with some type of laser and I was 1 of 7 people in the highest bracket (optimal) in the entire company. This was probably attributed to the juicing that I have been doing non stop leading up to the test (I juiced every single day for 30 days prior to the test). People always thought I was crazy making random green juices until they saw the results...after that everyone stopped giving me a hard time.

The only fruit that I ever use in the juice that I am making are apples and lemons...the rest are solely vegetables.

I own two different juicers which are totally different. If anybody wants any advice then shoot over the questions. I would highly encourage you to at least give it a shot, even if you hate vegetables. With as much money as we are spending on the planted tank hobby, we might as well spend a decent chunk on health.

Today's dinner + cottage cheese that I had after the gym:

All the above became this:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Been juicing for 25 plus years, love it.

I love ginger adds a nice bite to whatever you are juicing.

It is also an anti inflammatory.

I have always been one to go with the most natural way to treat any ailment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got a juicer, but haven't used it in days. I picked up some ejuice from the vap shop today and thought about posting a thread about it, and then saw this thread first thing, 1 view, and totally thought that was this LOL. Anyways, your juice looks delish. Count me jelly.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been juicing for 25 plus years, love it.

I love ginger adds a nice bite to whatever you are juicing.

It is also an anti inflammatory.

I have always been one to go with the most natural way to treat any ailment.
Any favorite green juice recipes?

I got a juicer, but haven't used it in days. I picked up some ejuice from the vap shop today and thought about posting a thread about it, and then say this, first thing, 1 view, and totally thought that was this LOL. Anyways, your juice looks delish. Count me jelly.
LOL...nice. Now you just gotta start using it! :)

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Ive been using Nutribullet for over a year now and had change my diet to include most vegetables and fruits. I can eat a whole Costco size pineapple in a single meal. LOL!

I also love water. I drink lots of it while at work.

one of my favorite Nutribullet recipe combined in a glass:

Banana
Strawberries
Black berries
carrots
spinach
rapsberries
Kyle
Maca powder
Flax seeds

what juicers you guys use?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I try to make juice a few times a week. I also brew Kombucha

Juicer recipe that i've grown attached to:

7 Stalks of celery
1 apple
1/5 cucumber
6 leaves of spinach
1 leaf romaine lettuce
2 leaf kale
Snip of parsley
Snip of clover sprouts
half handful of wheat grass
Squeeze of lemon juice

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
As soon as I can figure how to juice high protein foods I'm in.

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
I don't juice but instead blend :). That way you keep all the fiber. The one I make in the morning has been having the following which I split with my wife (probably 24-32 oz each)

1 handful of Baby Kale
1 handful of Spinach
1 avocado (makes it creamy plus the fat keeps you full through lunch)
2-3 carrots
3 scoops of protein powder (primal fuel)
1 cup or so of Frozen wild blueberries
1-2 cups of frozen organic mangos or a combo of organic strawberries, pineapple, peaches, and mango.

·
Registered
304 Posts
protein powder, blueberries, kale, spinach blended shake
twice a day for the past few years.

I'm far more healthy than I was before buying a good blender :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Am postworkout...

5 strawberries
handfull of blueberries
same of black berries
1 banana
scoop of pro powder
scoop of Fage Yogert
3 icecubes
a little bit of water

Ive been wanting to start veggie juicing and you now have me motivated!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My mom bought a book of juicing recepies and we liked it, but it was a bit difficult to make since we used a blender instead of a juicer and put the stuff through a coffee strainer.

The leftover pulp, we would put into pancakes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Unless you use the "spent" veggie pulp in a soup or as compost, you end up throwing a huge portion in the trash with each glass. Also the best juicers are very easily in the $200+ range.

• Also ease of cleanup plays an important role in how often most people will use a piece of equipment. A decent blender with a well designed lid can be thoroughly rinsed out in about 30-60 seconds.

• A juicer usually has to be disassembled. Takes easily 10-15 minutes by hand or run it through the dishwasher. Juicers I find are more of a hassle to clean up so I avoid using them.

Most of my friends who are into fitness or want to get healthier have packed away/sold their juicers after they've seen what I can do with my blender.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts