The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 10 today and have been trying to research them for a while now but haven't really found too much info on them.
Anybody keeping/breeding these little guys? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I mean more specifically suited to this species in general.
Everything I find on TDS Ph Gh etc varies more than I'd like it to. The most useful info I've gotten has been from the breeders site but I prefer info from 3rd parties with nothing to gain.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would like to know, as well.

Just starting to take a look at my next shrimp aquisition, now that I have shrimp-itis.
I understand these can be kept with neos (?)

(Do they do OK in tap water?)

Pics, love to see 'em :)
Bizzle, where did you get yours?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got them off Ebay.
No doa but one didn't survive the night.
I've been treating them like they were crs just to be safe. I'd assume they're hardier but I'd rather hear it from somebody with experience keeping them.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have had a colony for about 5 years now. I use R/O water and add Saltyshrimp bee shrimp mineral to the water. TDS is around 120. I don't measure GH. My ph is around 7. A 10 gal very heavily planted tank with java moss, suesswassertang, duckweed, aponts and petite nanas. Some driftwood and some shrimp caves, one sponge filter and an additional airstone. Substrate is very small rounded pebbles, just slightly larger than sand. I feed them the same like all my other shrimp, i.e. veggies and specific shrimp food, bee pollen, Indian Almond leaves, etc. It is impossible for me to tell how many there are as the babies are really tiny and I can't see them without a magnifying glass. At feeding time I always count at least 20 but I know there are many more in the tank. While my CRS and OEBTs stopped breeding during the winter months and just now started again, the blue bees did not stop and I always saw one or two berried ones among the group.
At one point I had some RCS in the tank with them but that did not work well. Blue bees are much smaller and RCS as well as CRS will out compete them for food. They are best keep by themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts