The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
was your intention to make a kind of valley going in the middle? I think it looks pretty cool. And the tall plants at the front dont bother me, I think they look good, but maybe more tall dark ones at the back could provide more depth?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was your intention to make a kind of valley going in the middle? I think it looks pretty cool. And the tall plants at the front dont bother me, I think they look good, but maybe more tall dark ones at the back could provide more depth?
Yeah i guess i am trying to go for that look. Ill give your idea a go at moving some big plants to the back :)

also, get rid of that aluminum plant (the one that is green and white), it won't do well under water
Yeah ive notice those Aluminum leave falling off, they were one of the first plants i purchased and didnt know much about them, thanks anyway for your input :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yours is not the first tank I've seen that bucked the tradition of short to tall planting from front to back. It is an interesting look as it darkens the front and makes it look to have a more mysterious atmosphere. I like it the way it is.

It is not the only general guideline you've bucked. It is also common to follow the rule of 3rds by placing the most prominent feature at a 1/3 lateral position supported by a supporting placement at the other 1/3 position with varying front to back positioning. You however have gone to 2 equally prominent objects placed in laterally equal positions in more 1/4 than 1/3. The centrally open area is both unique and good looking.

My vote goes with Ellie, I like it the way it is. What sort of improvements are you looking for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.