The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 30 gallon tank for my birthday and now my mom (I just moved back home) wants me to swap out my old 10 gallon. I basically just want to put everything in the new tank. My parents have little patience for cycling so I'm very worried. Is it alright to just add all the water to the new tank with the plants and gravel and then slowly add water? Or..? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I did this on a tank a few months ago. 20L to 29g
Buckets, fish in one, plants and hard scape in another with all the tank water they would hold.

Swapped and added the sub into the new tank and added 4" of new water.
Planted, added the rock and old tank water. Did the same with 80% of the water from the fish bucket then topped off the tank and started the filter still full from the old setup. When the temperature matched the fish went in. Done in a day no losses.

HTH

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
For best results, I'd avoid cleaning anything as well. Don't scrub the heater, rocks, driftwood, filter, etc., and definitely don't clean any of the filter media. In fact, transfer the filter directly, without draining any water, if possible. In a few weeks you can worry about scrubbing anything and everything (except filter media).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.